EDUCATIONAL ADVISING NEWS – “STUDY IN THE USA” EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
- EDUCARE 2009 EXPO – MARCH 10 – 12, 2009 [09:00 AM – 12:30 PM & 04:30 PM – 09:00 PM] – KUWAIT INTERNATIONAL FAIRS GROUND [HALL 8] – MISHREF
EDUCARE Expo is devoted for providing information to students looking for schools, institutes, academies and universities home/abroad.
- NORTHERN ARIZONA UNIVERSITY DIRECT VIDEO CONFERENCE – MARCH 10, 2009
- UNITED STATES EDUCATIONAL GROUP (USEG) FAIR – MARCH 17, 2009 [06:00 PM – 09:00 PM – MARINA HOTEL – SIX PALMS HALL
- SPECIAL TOPIC SESSION ON “CAREER PLANNING” – MARCH 23, 2009 [03:00 PM – 04:00 PM] – AT AMIDEAST FIELD OFFICE
Orientation attendees will experience how important it is to make the right choice when it comes to their career. For a career to be energy-driven, this choice needs to be based upon one’s own personality, his/her values and behavior.
- SPECIAL U.S. VISA TOPIC SESSION – MARCH 30, 2009, [03:00 PM – 04:00 PM] – AT AMIDEAST FIELD OFFICE
Special topic session will be conducted by a representative of the consular visa section from the U.S. Embassy. Attendees will get the opportunity to know more about the student visa process and the documents needed to apply.
- EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY DIRECT VIDEO CONFERENCE – APRIL 06, 2009 [03:00 PM – 05:00 PM] – AT AMIDEAST FIELD OFFICE
- UPCOMING ONLINE CHATS WITH US UNIVERSITY REPRESENTATIVES
- UPDATES ON SCHOLARSHIP & FELLOWSHIPS
WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY MELLON POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP IN MIDDLE EASTERN STUDIES
APPLICATION DEADLINE APRIL 15, 2009
Wesleyan University is pleased to announce a Mellon post-doctoral fellowship in Middle Eastern Studies for the academic year 2009-10, beginning July 1, 2009.
Wesleyan University welcomes applicants from any academic discipline. The fellow will teach a general introduction to the contemporary Middle East, grounded in his/her academic discipline, in the fall term and an upper-level course of his/her design on some aspect of Middle Eastern Studies in the spring term. In addition, the fellow will consult with faculty, administrators, and students on developing a program of Middle Eastern Studies at Wesleyan. The Mellon Fellowship offers a stipend of $45,000 for the year, plus benefits and some support for research.
Applicants should send a cover letter, CV, a representative sample of their scholarship, a proposed syllabus for the course on the contemporary Middle East, and three letters of recommendation to: Bruce Masters, History Dept, Wesleyan University, 238 Church St., Middletown CT 06459. Successful candidates must have already received their PhD or provide evidence of its completion before July 1, 2009.
Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and welcomes applications from women and members of historically under-represented minority groups.
FULL TUITION SCHOLARSHIP AT THE HELLER SCHOOL FOR SOCIAL POLICY AND MANAGEMENT, BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY
The Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University will soon celebrate its 50th year delivering graduate education programs grounded in the pursuit of social justice.
The Programs in Sustainable International Development (MA in SID and MS in International Health Policy and Management) are among the largest and oldest such programs in the United States. Entering its 15th year, SID is consistently recognized by humanitarian organizations such as the World Bank and the Ford Foundation as a leader in development education. Keep an eye out for next year’s scholarship applications.
– MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INTERNATIONAL HEALTH POLICY AND MANAGEMENT (IHPM) FULL TUITION SCHOLARSHIP:
– MASTER OF ARTS IN SUSTAINABLE INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (SID) FULL TUITION SCHOLARSHIP:
Applications for admission received after March 1, 2009 will be reviewed on a rolling basis.