Last monday was Kuwait University Graduation Ceremony for 2009/2010. The plan was to attend the ceremony, But change of plan was made at last moment. For several reasons.
- First, i got several of calls of the guys and friend who were to attend the ceremony with me, none of them is coming
- We graduated almost one year ago, whats the point of the ceremony after one year of graduation
- We had our beautiful graduation made by the department that was dedicated to us only in Crown Plaza hotel
- University ceremony is going to be held in a stadium, come on, are you series ?
- Personally i have a bad experience with this kind of ceremonies back then when my wife graduated.
- None of the students will meet or shake hands with the prime minister
- No students name will be called out loud, just keep siting in your seats
Next day i spoke with my nephew who was a an undergraduate and was there at the ceremony. He said that its good that i didn’t come. you figure the rest. It’s not im not thankful for all the effort of the people who worked on the event, but i think we deserve better. My undergraduate ceremony back then was amazing in the theater in Khaldiya. Back then each college had its own ceremony separately .
Im not happy that i didn’t go, i would have gone if all my friends were there just to share their moment. But it seems there were an unagreed dissuasion not to attend. I wouldn’t go just to sit alone with none of the people who shared to journey with my.
We deserve better.