see how Japanese reacted after the tsunami disaster, a nation that deserves full respect – we can all learn from this civilization:
- the calm: not a single visual of chest-beating or wild grief – sorrow itself has been elevated.
- the dignity: disciplined queues for water and groceries – not a rough word or a crude gesture.
- the ability: the incredible architects, for instance – buildings swayed but didn’t fall.
- the grace: people bought only what they needed for the present, so everybody could get something.
- the order: no looting in shops – no honking and no overtaking on the roads – just understanding – read our earlier post here.
- the sacrifice: fifty workers stayed back to pump sea water in the n-reactors – how will they ever be repaid?
- the tenderness: restaurants cut prices – an unguarded ATM is left alone – the strong cared for the weak.
- the training: the old and the children, everyone knew exactly what to do – and they did just that.
- the media: they showed magnificent restraint in the bulletins – no silly reporters, only calm reportage.
- the conscience: when the power went off in a store, people put things back on the shelves and left quietly! let us also learn from calamities in our life to be a cause for respect and a lesson to bring out our human values!!
how can be like Japan ?